Lighting, floral arrangement, seating arrangement, and draperies… these are only a few of the things you must consider when decorating the wedding reception. For someone who is inexperienced or lacks knowledge about the proper way to handle wedding styling, it can easily overwhelm. This is one reason that makes the services of a professional wedding stylist so essential for soon-to-be-wed couples. It makes it easier and more organized to decorate the reception venue according to your desired wedding theme.
Even though you are assigning a professional wedding stylist to handle the decoration and planning, you need to have insight into the overall décor. Check out below for a list of do’s and don’ts:
DO’s for Wedding Décor
• Always consider lighting when you are decorating the entire wedding venue. This is a key element in décor and design that a lot of inexperienced wedding decorators neglect or fail to consider. If you can ace the lighting, it can make all details of the wedding décor stand out.
• Be consistent with the wedding theme. If you choose a wedding theme, all details must be consistent with the theme to reinforce the style and to make it truly unique. It is also a great way to express your personality as a couple by choosing a theme that reflects what you want.
• Be consistent with the color scheme. Just like the theme, the color can also add a beautiful impression to your wedding style. Hence, you need to exploit the use of colors to make the details stand out. You can use the color on your wedding cake, table setting and centerpieces, and other accents to the wedding theme.
• Think about the season, too. This is a practical consideration that will impact your wedding décor and the type of wedding to hold. The type of flowers available for the season is another factor that will impact your décor choices.
DON’TS for Wedding Décor
• Do not overdo the décor. Keep it simple. Once you have chosen a theme, think about the décor accents that you can incorporate into the styling choices. Always look at the big picture. Do not add in décor details that do not blend into the whole theme.
• Do not buy everything. There are certain shops that offer rental of wedding items like linens, chairs, tables, and other décor accents. Renting these items is more affordable as compared to buying them. If you have no idea where to find them, you can ask your wedding planner for recommendations.
• Do not decorate the venue without a proper seating or arrangement plan. Drawing a map of the wedding venue will give you a better idea on how to arrange the items so they go well together. You must also consider giving enough room for the guests to move around and socialize.
Want to make your dream wedding come true? Circle of Love Wedding is a trusted wedding stylist in Australia. You can tap them to turn your vision into reality for the most beautiful wedding you could imagine.