- 2004 – 2007, Old Dominion University, MS in Secondary Education
- 1998 – 1999, Basic Vietnamese Language Course, Defense Language Institute, Monterey, CA
- 1993 – 1997, University of Alaska Fairbanks, Bachelor of Arts Degree in History with a Minor in Spanish GPA: 3.7; Graduated Cum Laude
- January - March 1995, University of Guadalajara exchange student with intensive Spanish course
- December 4, 2011: A. Dreyer. More Than Gadgets: The Power of Teaching with Mobile Devices. Oral Presentation at the National Council for Social Studies, Washington D.C.
- March 26, 2011: A. Dreyer. The iPod, Not Just Another Gadget. Oral Presentation at the Virginia Society for Technology in Education Mobile Learning Share Fair, Fredericksburg, Virginia.
- March 17, 2008: The 4th Annual Literacy Lesson Fair for All Secondary Teachers, Williamsburg, Virginia.
- February 24 - 26, 2008: A. Dreyer. The Evolution of a Website into a Truly Interactive Teaching Platform. Oral Presentation at the 2008 Annual Virginia Society for Technology in Education Conference, Roanoke, Virginia.
- October 17 - 19, 2007: National School Boards Association Technology and Leadership (T + L) Conference, Nashville, Tennessee.
- Global Virtual Classroom Grand Prize 2012: School received $1000
- Doors to Diplomacy Gold Award 2011
- Instructional Mini Grant 2011: $320 for a clas set of the book Half the Sky
- Instructional Mini Grant 2010: $350 for comiclife software
- 2009 Menchville High School Teacher of the Year
- Kids in Need Teacher Grant 2008: $200 for classroom technology development
- Google Earth/Google Maps
- Yukon Territory, Canada
- Guadalajara, Mexico
- All of Central America except Panama
- Yucatan Peninsula, Mexico
- Manzanillo, Mexico
- Hanoi, Vietnam
- French Polynesia